Last year I compiled a list of resources to take advantage of during this season of the year. Here is a compilation including the resources from last year as well as a few others.
Here are some resources to take a look at for this Easter season.
To teach children:
- Benjamin’s Box is a book that talks through the story of the week leading up to Easter. It can be used along with a set of Resurrection Eggs. You can also make your own resurrection eggs if you would like.
- What’s in the Bible has done a good blog series on the meaning of Easter. You can find it here.
- Resurrection iWitness teaches kids (& whole family) the evidence of Christ’s resurrection. There is also an iPad app.
- Lifeway has an article on how to bring Easter into focus for children.
- Lifeway also has another article that concentrates on pre-schoolers.
For the whole family:
- Come out for our Easter services and learn about the implications Christ’s resurrection has for your life.
- Read through one of the gospel’s accounts on events surrounding Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Luke 20 and following would be a good place to read from.
- Desiring God has a devotional on the Holy Week.
- Adrian Warnock’s Raised with Christ book is an excellent read as well. It’s available for the Kindle, too.
- Resurrection Sunday is not complete without listening to the song, Christ is Risen. This is one of my favorite versions.
- Treasuring God in Our Traditions contains ideas for many holidays.
- Vision Video has many different options as well. If you have Amazon Prime, you can watch some for free via Prime Instant Video.
- You can download one of Faith Comes By Hearing’s audio bibles – I particularly like their Dramatized Versions. Also, the download is free.
Whatever you choose to do, make sure your family can delight in the riches of this week’s meaning. Enjoy this season of remembering the sacrifice and the victory of Christ.
If you have any other resources that have been a help to your family, feel free to mention them in the comment section.